Fall is an exciting time for many reasons, one of which is switching up your recipes! If you have a crockpot, these recipes are a must-try for an easy and healthy solution to your meal planning for fall cooking.
The Real Food Dieticians have pulled together 10 healthy crockpot recipes so that you can make the most of your day, without having to spend most of it in the kitchen.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Paleo | Whole30
For a warm and filling meal that will last past tonight, look no further than this white chicken chili you can make in the crockpot. Feel free to make swaps to fit your dietary preferences and needs, and additions if you want more vegetables!
- Chicken breasts or thighs – Use whichever you prefer. They will both yield delicious results!
- Bell pepper
- Jalapeno – If you want to take away some of the bite, remove the seeds and membranes
- Ground cumin
- Dried oregano
- Chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken broth – Store-bought chicken broth or homemade bone broth work
- Coconut milk – If you want the chili to be creamy without any dairy, you can use any plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk or creamer (coconut, soy, oat, etc). If you don’t need a dairy-free meal, feel free to use milk or half-and-half.
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
- For toppings: Fresh cilantro, sliced or diced avocado, and/or sliced jalapenos (fresh or pickled)
- Optional: Canned white beans (such as cannellini beans or Navy beans)
How To Make:
Step 1: Add the onion, peppers, garlic, and spices (cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt, and pepper – plus beans, if using them) to the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables in a single layer.
Step 2: Add broth and place the lid on the slow cooker.
Step 3: Set crockpot heat to LOW and cook for 5-6 hours. Every slow cooker is different, so the best rule of thumb is to cook until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tender.
Step 4: When the timer is done, take the chicken out of the cooker and shred it. Then, return it to the crockpot.
Step 5: Turn the heat to HIGH. Add your preferred milk, mix it in and put the lid back on. Continue heating until it’s warmed all the way through (approximately 10-15 minutes).
Step 6: Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Taste and modify seasonings to your preference. Serve as is or garnish with chopped cilantro, avocado, and/or lime wedges.
Make Appointment - HCM
"*" indicates required fields