It’s a new year, which means it’s a perfect opportunity to try new things. One of the biggest resolutions people often make is a tried and true way to lead a happier and healthier life: improving nutrition and exercise habits. Hoag Concierge Medicine wants to make it even easier to stay on your path to elevated wellness by providing you with a healthy recipe and quality workout tips!
Whole-Wheat Bow Tie Pasta With Puttanesca Sauce
This healthy pasta recipe from Keep the Beat™ Recipes is sure to become a weeknight go-to!
You will need:
- 8 oz whole-wheat bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ C onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced or pressed (about 5 cloves)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 can (35 oz) no-salt-added whole peeled tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 8 pitted black olives, each sliced lengthwise into 6 pieces
- 4 fresh parsley sprigs, rinsed and dried (optional)
Step 1) In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
Step 2) Add pasta, and cook according to package directions for the shortest recommended time, about 10 minutes. Drain.
Step 3) Meanwhile, in a large nonstick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, until the onion begins to soften.
Step 4) Add garlic, cayenne pepper, and anchovy paste. Cook and stir for another 5 minutes.
Step 5) Add chopped tomatoes, capers, and olives. Cook and stir until heated through.
Step 6) Divide pasta among four dinner plates (about 1½ cups each). Spoon sauce over pasta. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Start your workouts with foam rolling and stretching to optimize your workouts and protect your body from injury! Here are some reasons you should be incorporating the two into your exercise plan, and some how-to tips:
- Helps with reducing muscle and joint tension
- Preps muscles for movement and can prevent injury
- Helps with proper movement patterns and pain reduction
- Post-workout stretching helps with improving flexibility and mobility
- Decreases muscle tension
- Make sure to breathe into stretches and hold for 20-30 seconds
- Never push hard into stretches that may cause pain or injury
If you’re looking for more help in reaching your health and fitness goals and experiencing peak wellness, call Hoag Concierge Medicine today at (949) 490-7376.
Make Appointment - HCM
"*" indicates required fields