Trillions of bacteria live in your digestive tract and play an important role in health. Of the thousands of species of gut microbes that live in your gut, however, some are healthy for your body – while others are not.
Did you know that a plant-based diet can improve gut health and prevent disease by feeding the good bacteria in your digestive tract?
Focus on Nutrition
A healthful plant-based diet improves the health and diversity of your gut microbes, preventing and treating conditions like obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and inflammation associated with autoimmune diseases.
What we eat determines what kind of bacteria we foster the growth of in our gut, which can increase or decrease our risk of some of those killer diseases like heart disease and diabetes.
Feed your body and gut with healthful foods like:
- Kiwifruit improves bowel function in patients with irritable bowel syndrome with constipation. Kiwi “shortens colon transit time, increases defecation frequency, and improves bowel function.”
- Packed with glucosinolates that fight inflammation and cancer.
- Fight inflammation and stabilize gut bacteria.
- Jerusalem Artichokes
- Rich in the prebiotic fiber inulin.
- Enhance immune system and destroy harmful bacteria.
- Crowds out unhealthy bacteria and boosts nutrient absorption.
Expert Insight and Guidance
At Hoag Concierge Medicine, we are focused on providing you with a roadmap to your own wellness success by emphasizing all areas of your health plan, including nutrition. Our expert team will work with you to see if and how your diet needs to change. Call us today to get started! 949-490-7376